Well folks, we’re ready to kick off Thursday Racing for 2021, with the first race planned for Thursday, June 3rd, which will be a club member only format for practice, before we start District Racing on June 10th.
There are plenty of items to take note of to ensure a smooth and efficient race for everyone – so hunker down and read this whole post please!
RACE BOOKING PAGE:
We’re ready to race! Before you get ready to register for racing each week, please make sure you’ve read the Race Booking & Protocol Page. Pay extra attention to the schedule, booking timeframes, volunteer links & spectator guidelines!
Make sure you have REGISTERED ONLINE to be eligible to race. The deadline is 6PM on each Wednesday prior to Thursday racing, so that we have enough time to prepare for race night.
Take note of the race schedule ESPECIALLY the check in & warm up timeframes. IF you are going to be late or can no longer make it – please let us know before 5:30pm!!!
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm: Check In & Warm Up Laps
- You can check in anytime between 5pm and 5:45pm, warm up laps will be continuous
- First Aid & Gate Operator must be available at this time
- 5:45pm – 6:00pm: Officials / Volunteer Meeting
- 6:00pm – 6:15pm: Staging & Announcements
- 6:15pm: Race Start
A little help goes a long way. Some jobs are before the racing and some are after, and some are for officials – they’ll be marked as a Commissaire position. To help us run an efficient and fun race night, please consider volunteering. Links to sign up to volunteer will always be on the Race Booking Page.
ELIGIBILITY & FORMAT
- If you have a Provincial Racing License through the Saskatchewan Cycling Association or a UCI License, you are eligible to race in a District race at Globe BMX, even if you are not a Globe BMX Club member.
- Riders in both the 20″ and 24″ Cruiser Class are eligible.
- Striders / Under 4 will race a modified format of 2 motos, everyone else will race the standard 3 moto format.
- All riders must register in advance using the online registration form linked about in the Registration section.
- While you’re on a roll – might as well check out our BMX 101 page to really get acquainted with BMX racing format and specifics: https://globebmx.com/bmx-101/
WHAT TO BRING
- Bike, full face helmet with visor in tact, proper race clothing, gloves and other race gear
- License (photo on phone is fine)
- Race Plate (should stay on your bike) and if you don’t have one yet, you’ll receive it at your first practice or race session once registered as a member
- Small toolkit with side cutters, multi-tool, wrenches, hex/allen keys….whatever you might need to make sure you can adjust your gear as needed. Some even bring a tire pump which comes in useful!
- TAPE & SHARPIE – this is for writing down moto assignments/lanes for you or your rider
- Chairs if you want to sit down for spectating
- Water & snacks (no sharing, Covid rules!
- Parking as usual will be in the Lakewood Civic Center lots.