Return to Race Plan

Another milestone reached as regulations are once again relaxed and competitions are allowed to proceed!

As of June 29th, competitions are allowed, however many new guidelines are in place. We’ve looked at many options on how to race within the new guidelines and have decided on the plans below. Please keep in mind that many factors both obvious and not, go into this kind of redirection of effort. That being said, we are happy to hear feedback on how we might improve. Also remember that we will continue to evolve our plans over the summer as restrictions are lifted.


  • Racing is now allowed, however we have had to get creative with a modified racing plan that considers the goals of keeping racers competitive, allowing specators, abiding by new regulations and keeping distant when required.
  • There are many unique factors that go into this new racing plan, please keep that in mind as you read the information below on our updated COVID racing page:


  • First practice was held June 25th with 45 racers. It was a success in our minds and watching the excitement in each pedal was a real treat. Practices will continue, with one remaining Thursday practice this week, and the rest will proceed on Sundays. The practice page has been updated to reflect the Sunday practice schedule, updated allowable numbers and regulations.
  • We have modified the previously released plan, session times & sizes, sign up process and social distancing protocols that need to be in place in order for us to proceed.
  • You MUST be a registered 2020 member to sign up for practice sessions.
  • We will work to incorporate coaching in upcoming (but not immediate) sessions.

Updated format and details can be reviewed on this page:

Registration Fees & Membership Requirements

  • Our registration is open once again and we have decided to freeze pricing at the Earlybird rate. It will remain open all Summer as it has in previous seasons.
  • We are keeping our fundraising requirement as is, but will be continue to keep the volunteer bond requirements on hold until a more regular racing format is reached, possibly later on in the season.
  • Our club fee portion is low and as it stands, with the high probability of not being able to proceed with large race events, we will not raise as much funds for the club as originally planned.


We understand that this year looks different, and that some will be very excited to get back on the track and some will still need time to feel comfortable being in groups again, and that is ok!

With that in mind, there were a few things to consider:

  • If you are a current paid member and do not want to participate this season, now understanding what being at the track will look like, we will be offering refunds that follow this guideline:
    • We are able to refund:
      • 100% club fees refund, minus the transaction fees
    • We are not able to refund the following:
      • $100 fundraising fee. You will remain required to either label the 50/50 tickets with your information for your own entries, or sell the 50/50 tickets. If you decide to sell them to friends and family, they can be sold at any time, and the information on the draw details is here: .
      • The SCA license fees are not collected by us nor ours to refund. When registering for a membership everyone agreed to the SCA refund policy: Saskatchewan Cycling Association membership refunds are not permitted once the membership has been issued. Prior to issuance, membership applications may (at the discretion of the SCA) be cancelled minus registration provider charges.
  • Refund requests for club fees MUST be communicated to us prior to June 30th, 2020. After June 30th, we will not issue refunds.

50/50 Fundraising:

Our 50/50 fundraising plan will continue ahead as planned. If you are a current or new member and have not picked up your 50/50 booklets, please email and we’ll arrange a contactless option. Tickets will also be able to be picked up on Thursdays and Sundays at the track from Jen.

Volunteer Bond:

Our volunteer bond will continue to be put on hold until full regular race format returns. For the current return to race plan, board members will fill the needed volunteer positions to keep sanitizing procedures easy to manage, and make social distancing as easy as possible. A minimal amount of additional volunteers will be needed each race night. See Race page link above.

SK Cup Races, Camps & Special Events:

These are still undecided. Our SK Cup #1 and #2 will be most definitely be cancelled, but we are not 100% sure if there is a possibility for rescheduling or not and will wait to make any final decisions about regulations being lifted are announced by the Government of SK. Our end of July On The Box Camp and our Summer Classic are TBD and we’ll of course look to reschedule or modify these events as more information is available and restrictions are lifted.

Questions or Comments?