Tentative: Phased Plan for 2020 Season

The board team met recently to go over thoughts and ideas for what will be a modified season, based on what we know now, the current Government of Saskatchewan reopening plan and what SCA has given us guidance on.

Here is a summary. Please know this plan is tentative and could change once more information is known about the upcoming phases.


In Phase 4, when group sizes are expanded to 30 people, we will plan to start practices in 1 hour groups, similar to how we already run practices, but there will be additional groups/times added if our numbers dictate. Since we won’t be hosting regular races at this time, we’ll plan to have additional practices per week in this phase.


In Phase 5, when there is no limit on gathering sizes and social distancing restrictions are lifted, we plan to once again begin racing. We’d like scale back on practices and add extra races per week to try to make up for lost time in our scheduled. We’d also hope to extend racing even further into September and early October, utilizing weekends to preserve daylight limitations.

Registration Re-Opening:

When the dates for Phase 4 are announced, we will look to announce reopening of our club membership registration.

50/50 Fundraising:

Our 50/50 fundraising plan will continue ahead as planned. If you are a current member and have not picked up your 50/50 booklets, please email globebmx@gmail.com and we’ll arrange a contactless option. To refresh, here is the 50/50 information on the website: https://globebmx.com/2020-globe-bmx-50-50-raffle/

Volunteer Bond:

Our volunteer bond will remain in effect, however we will look to modify the credit requirements once we know the extent of our season plans.

SK Cup Races, Camps & Special Events:

These are still undecided. It is more than likely that our SK Cup #1 and #2 will be cancelled, but we are not sure what that will look like and will wait to make any final decisions when Phase 4 and Phase 5 dates are announced by the Government of SK. Our end of July On The Box Camp and our Summer Classic are TBD and we’ll of course look to reschedule these events as the Phases and available dates permit.

Maintenance Work & City of Saskatoon Track Status:

We are reaching out to the City of Saskatoon to understand the track status going forward, and to try and make a maintenance plan. We’ll update again once we know more.

If you have any questions please Contact Us! We’ll continue to plan, adjust and share updates as we know and learn more about the upcoming phases.

Thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding,

Globe BMX Board of Directors; Kyle, Dan, Kendal and Jen