We hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected during this very different time for all of us. We met on Wednesday night to discuss club operations, as well as have received new directives from the SCA and Cycling Canada, and wanted to share some important updates of what we know at this time:
- STILL ON HOLD – Cycling Canada has issued a statement directing all cycling events down to the provincial and club level be on hold until June 14th. See document here from Saskatchewan Cycling.
- This means there will be some changes to our opening plan. We are working through what that looks like for us and for current/future members and will update at a later date.
- We have a call that we’ll participate in on April 8th with the SCA to determine courses of action for scheduled milestones that fall within or close to that timeframe.
- NEW REGISTRATIONS – We’ll be temporarily suspending new registrations until we know more.
- AGM – We’ll continue with our AGM as planned, on April 30th, however the meeting will be a virtual format. Details about the meeting, as well as the AGM package, will be sent out on or before April 8th.
We are navigating this as you likely are, one day at a time. We are still hopeful that we will be able to have a BMX season, in whatever form that may look like, but we have to continue to keep up to date with current happenings and guidance from our governing bodies.
Happy to try to answer any questions at this time, however please know that we will do our best to communicate to the group as whole as we know more and plan accordingly above what we’ve communicated in this post.
We know that many of you are juggling working, business decisions, schooling, parenting and possibly are on the front line in all kinds of forms and we want you know that your BMX fam is here to support in any way we can.
Wishing you, your families, loved ones and friends all the best during this time,
Globe BMX Board of Directors; Kyle, Dan, Kendal and Jen